In the Excel Web App, available in Windows Live or with Microsoft SharePoint 2010 technology, multiple users can edit data in a worksheet in the browser at the same time.
Read a blog post or try Office 2010!
When a shared workbook is updated by other users, and you want to compare the changes that they have made before you update the workbook with those changes, you can use the Compare and Merge Workbooks command. This command is not available with other shared workbook commands on the Review tab in the Changes group, but you can add it to the Quick Access Toolbar.
Note You can only merge a shared workbook with copies of that workbook that were made from the same shared workbook. You cannot use the Compare and Merge Workbooks command to merge workbooks that are not shared.
Important To use the Compare and Merge Workbooks command, all shared workbook users must save a copy of the shared workbook that contains their changes and use a unique file name that differs from the original workbook. All copies of a shared workbook should be located in the same folder as the shared workbook.
- If needed, do the following to add the Compare and Merge Workbooks command to the Quick Access Toolbar:
- Click the Microsoft Office Button , and then click Excel Options.
- In the Customize category, in the Choose commands from list, click All Commands.
- In the list, click Compare and Merge Workbooks, click Add, and then click OK.
- Open the copy of the shared workbook into which you want to merge the changes.
- On the Quick Access Toolbar, click Compare and Merge Workbooks.
- If prompted, save the workbook.
- In the Select Files to Merge into Current Workbook dialog box, click a copy of the workbook that contains the changes that you want to merge, and then click OK.